Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Coming Soon...

I mentioned before that there was very little trade at this years Barrow Hill Live. This did mean that I managed to leave without buying anything, although having looked at the Bachmaan display I have a feeling I'll be spending some money soon.

Bachmann's stand wasn't your typical retailer stand as they didn't actually appear to have anything for sale. What they did have was a working N gauge layout (quite fun to watch) and two glass display cupboards showing manufacturing samples of some of their new products.


I was obviously most interested in the N gauge models on display (these are Graham Farish models as Bachmann is the parent company). In the first photo you can see that they are about to release a model of Tornado in BR Blue, the same livery she is currently wearing. The unpainted model in this photo is I believe a Midland 4F, but as they weren't labelled in any way it's hard to be certain. While the model of Tornado looks fantastic both of these are really too big for Jerusalem.

The second photo shows a much more promising candidate to expand Jerusalem's loco fleet; an LMS 3F Jinty. This model will apparently be available in a BR black with the early crest so will match my existing loco nicely, and hopefully it's diminutive size will be reflected in it's cost once available.

The third photo is, however, the most interesting. If you read the previous post then you will know that I'm interested in locomotives that at one time may have travelled along the line at the bottom of our garden; this is one such locomotive. This 2-4-2T was designed by Aspinal for the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway (although seen here in a BR livery) and I actually have a photo of one in Penistone. Unfortunately, this model is OO gauge and so won't be any use for Jerusalem but I'm still tempted to buy one. If I do buy one though I'll be going for the limited edition version from the National Railway Museum who are going to be releasing it in it's original Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway livery through Locomotion Models.

3 comments:

  1. You'll be building an engine shed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am tempted by that Aspinall. I suppose I could build a model of Stalybridge joint station and have GC and L&Y...heaven! I'd then have an excuse for the Director...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Penistone station for exactly the same reasons (it was a joint GC and L&Y station) as well as being only five minutes walk from the house for easy research (although most of the GC section is now heavily overgrown after the Woodhead route was closed). As an added bonus it backed on to a huge steel works for plenty of industrial shunting as well as being right next to a huge viaduct. It offers so many possibilities, although some selective compression would be needed to capture everything regardless of the scale you model in.

      Delete