Sunday, September 1, 2013

Drafty

As you can see, progress on the Leyland Beaver articulated flatbed truck from Langley Models has moved on a little further than the primer coat I showed in the previous post.

In real life the model looks neatly painted, but this close up photo shows that I wasn't quite as neat as I thought I had been. Mind you, given that the model is less than 2cm tall the slight amount of over paint is actually quite small. The metal work also looks much better in real life. I'm guessing the problem here is that the reflective flecks in the paint (to make it sparkle) are quite large in comparison to the details I'm trying to paint.

I'm more than happy with how it's going so far though, especially after I managed to fit a driver (I had to cut the legs off the model to get it to fit) which adds some life to the vehicle. I still have to paint the rear flatbed section and then I'll have to deal with cutting out the draft by adding some windows, all of which will, I'm sure, appear in a future post.

2 comments:

  1. It's looking good. Have you thought of glueing aluminium foil to the silver bits? Dull side out might work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's unlikely that the lorry would have been pristine in reality. Painting such detail at that scale would be a challenge for me I think. Putting I shall be interested to see windows: that really will be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete