I had a plan for today that involved starting on the greenery. Before that though I had to glue the concrete block into place and then blend it with the rest of the abutment. This was fairly straightforward. Unfortunately I took one look at it once completed and decided it had to go.
The problem was that I made the concrete block before I had more accurate measurements courtesy of Bobby's trip out to the bridge. This meant that the block was too narrow and when fitted in place there were two steps as the embankment narrowed rather than just one. Originally I thought I'd be able to love with it but once I could see everything blended it was just wrong so it had to go. Of course by this point the block was glued and plastered into place so took a bit of getting off.
I've now cast another, wider, block. In fact I've cast a block that is slightly wider than the real one so that it better matches the rest of the embankment and stonework that I'd already built.
Personally I think that looks like a fairly good representation, but it does mean that I still haven't done any greenery yet.