Monday, June 13, 2022

Actual Progress

Whilst it looked as if the new wheels would indeed fit inside Ivor there was only one way to find out.... turn some axles and try fitting them.

I ended up messing up the axles, both sorting the back-to-back measurement and reducing the diameter slightly too far but....
To my eye that looks pretty good but.....
there is still very little clearance when viewed from beneath. I'd already bent the hidden part of the splashers when trying to fit the original wheels and I would have still hadto do the same for these wheels which just shows how little space there is and still brings into question how anyone is meant to build the kit given the instructions.

So next step is to re-think how to turn the stepped axles to get them the right size, but this small step feels like real progress, so I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment