Monday, February 24, 2014

Probably The Best Model Packaging In The World

Now I'm sure you'll all agree that just as you should never judge a book by its cover you shouldn't judge a kit by the package it comes in. Having said that I can't help but be impressed by the level of detail and care that was put into designing the packaging for the Narrow Planet kit which I recently ordered.


Having read the instructions and looked at the parts I think the same level of care has gone into the kit as the packaging so hopefully it will build into an excellent model.

4 comments:

  1. That has really brought home to me just how small that guage is. I just can't imagine working with anything so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the gauge is small with a track width of just 9mm. The scale though is (if I remember correctly) the same as that used at the Napier Trainworld you visited last year, i.e. 4mm to the foot. Part of the reason I'm experimenting with OO9 gauge is that I think I'd struggle to build a working loco in N gauge (2mm to the foot), but I think I might be all right in 4mm to the foot but I don't have the room for a full size OO gauge layout, so modelling narrow gauge seems a sensible compromise. Hopefully that will turn out to be true!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished job and yes it is packaging worthy of the model inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very well thought-out! It's also a hark back to the old K's kits and Wills Finecast before them, when the packaging told you that you were getting something worthwhile. This will be a fine addition to your fledgling stud!

    ReplyDelete