Saturday, November 26, 2022

Gauge Adjustable

So I think I've now got the 16mm scale chassis from I P Engineering back to where it was before it suffered from rust. As well as painting it (to stop the rust reoccuring) I've also made some modifications and while I could write about them I thought I'd try something new and have shot a short video where I talk through the changes I've made.


I don't really like the sound of my voice when I hear it back, so I don't think this will become a frequent occurance, but it would be great to know what people think about the video and if they think I should do more posts like this.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this presentation.
    Quality of the sound's fine, no background noise, and you sound okay.
    I dislike the sound of my voice, it's easy to be overcritical, I do pop all my audio through either Audacity or Fairlight and cut as many Umms as I can be bothered to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian. Interesting you mentioned the lack of background noise. I deliberately turned my desktop PC off before filming as the fan is quite noisy.

      Delete
    2. PS. How do you upload video to Blogger and get it to fill the body? No cropping either, I wish blogger would do that for me.

      Delete
    3. PPS. the script you kindly gave us years ago for Bold Italic and links is no longer reliable. If you have time could you look into the matter. No worries if you are busy, Blogger as a platform is on it's last legs. YouTube is good so it's worth popping talking on videos. Silent films are a little yesterday.

      Delete
    4. Ah yes. GB spotted this a while back and I have (in theory) fixed it. If you go into the settings for whichever plugin you are using (Tampermoneky, Greasemonkey etc.) and find my script you should be able to force it to upgrade. The latest version should be 0.6 (last updated 18th of October).

      Delete
  2. Sorry, missed the video width question the first time. I know that the width of the content can be 800px wide, so when I copy the YouTube embed snippet of HTML I adjust the width and height params to be 800 wide and 450 tall (you might need to work out a different height depending on the aspect ratio of the video you are trying to embed).

    ReplyDelete