Sunday, February 21, 2016

Making the Right Impression

So having added the firebox door yesterday, today I added the regulator handle and the two gauge glasses. In the process I managed to remove the firebox door and the boiler wrapper, so the entire backhead has now been rebuilt.


It's not quite as neat as it was before and the lesson is that I need to buy some low melt solder for adding details without unsoldering the main parts. While it may not be pretty I'm still happy with it as it is still performing the job I'm building it for... to give an impression of a cab interior when glimpsed through the door.


I don't know about you but I think that does the job adequately enough.

2 comments:

  1. Perfectly adequate I reckon.
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than it might have been. It looks more than good enough.
    Have you thought of soldering everything at once? It does require a bit of setting up but may be neater and worth the trouble. Glue is another option.

    ReplyDelete