Tuesday, August 23, 2022

(Hopefully) Smoother Motion

As I mentioned in the previous post I think the poor running in one direction was down to the gearbox being able to rock on the axle when travelling one way but not the other. In an attempt to fix that I've bent the retaining clip slightly and added a small bit of masking tape as a shim to try and reduce the rocking as far as I can.


It's still not perfect but I think that's quite a bit better than before. The eagle eyes amongst you may spot that I've also painted the wheel centres and coupling rod retaining nuts red to match the drawings in my book. Just the wiring left to tidy up now.

2 comments:

  1. Coming on Mark. As long as you are having fun that's all that matters,
    We are rebuilding a couple of lovely chinese 350cc bike engines.as four strokes are allowed in the lightweight class. The lass that I did the tengresity table for years ago is sorting the ECU's for us. She's got middlingshit hot at at this writing script malarkey. She can just read it like a book and see where it is a bit amiss and tap away.
    We have had one engine on the dyno, she was gobsmacked at the reams of information. I guess she will have to sort it all out
    Took her to Knockhill for the bike business, got in with Kawasaki and said can she have a look. No but you can look at last years. She was there for hours. I pissed off and left her to it.
    It's amazing what folk like you can do. I purchased a ten year old golf and driven hard it does 50mpg. It has been sorted electronically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine you could literally drown in the amount of information a modern ECU will spit out at you. Motorbikes scare me a little though, mostly as I'm sure I'd fall off if I tried riding one and I can imagine it would hurt..... a lot!

      Delete