Friday, July 1, 2022

Locked in the Vertical Position

Annoyingly although I had the day off today I only managed to grab about 10 minutes to work on Ivor. Fortunately that was long enough for me to sort out how to lock the gearbox in place whilst allowing it to still be removable.
It's a littly tricky to see in that photo, but essentially I took a short piece of brass strip and put a 90 degree bend in it. I then soldered that to the inside of the chassis with it pushed up against the gearbox. I made it big enough that with the geabox in the right place it can't rotate on the axle, but if you remove the axle you can work the gearbox out without too much difficulty.

You can see exactly what I added a lot better in this photo with the gearbox removed.
I know it's quite a simple solution but it seems to work so fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment